February 28, 2017
We appreciate and thank You for using Our products and services; such products and services include, but are not limited to, this website, programs, materials, data, videos, and modules also sometimes called AQ Profile®, AQ® Enrollment, AQ® Team Briefing Kit, Real Deal®, AQ SkillBuilders™, GRIT™, GRIT Gauge™, Student GRIT Gauge™, CORE©, LEAD©, AQ® Health, AQ® Online Ascent, Monthly Ascent, AQ Profile for Screening Applicants™, MyQuest™ and Climbers Guidebook© (individually and collectively known as the “Services").
This site and the Services are developed by PEAK Learning, Inc., a California corporation ("PEAK," “We,” “Us” and “Our”) and occasionally offered through Our affiliates or Your employer or prospective employer. This PEAK Learning, Inc. Customer Agreement ("Agreement") sets forth the terms under which You, as a user ("You" and "Your") are authorized by PEAK to access this site and utilize Our Services.
Access to and use of this site and Services is by permission of PEAK only, and only for participants who accept this Agreement. PEAK may grant or withhold approval in its sole discretion.
1. NATURE OF AGREEMENT. This Agreement is a legal contract made between You and PEAK, on behalf of itself and its affiliates and partners. By accepting this Agreement, either by clicking a box indicating Your acceptance or use of Our Services, You may access and use the Services in accordance with this Agreement.
If You are entering into this Agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, You represent that You have the authority to bind such entity and its affiliates to these terms and conditions, in which case the terms "You" or "Your" shall refer to such entity and its affiliates. If You do not have such authority, or if You do not agree with these terms and conditions, You must not accept this Agreement and may not use the services.
2. YOUR ACCOUNT. To access the Services, You must create an account associated with a valid e-mail address or username. Unless explicitly permitted by the Service Terms, You may only create one account per email address. You are responsible for all activities that occur under Your account, regardless of whether the activities are undertaken by You, Your employees or a third party (including Your contractors or agents), except to the extent caused by Our breach of this Agreement. You agree to take all reasonable steps to safeguard Your e-mail address, username and password (if applicable) for this site and Our Services so as to ensure that no unauthorized person will have access to it, and that no persons authorized to have access will make any unauthorized use. We and Our affiliates are not responsible for unauthorized access to Your account. You will contact us immediately if You believe an unauthorized third party may be using Your account or if Your account information is lost or stolen.
3. LIMITED, REVOCABLE LICENSE GRANT. As between You and Us, We or Our affiliates or licensors own and reserve all right, title, and interest in and to Our Services. We hereby grant to You a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-sublicensable license, for Your sole use only, for the term of this Agreement, to access and use this site and Our Services, in whole or part, and any user's guides, specifications, and other related documentation available online (the "Documentation"), subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The licenses granted herein are conditioned upon payment for Our Services by You, Your employer, Your prospective employer, or a PEAK affiliate You are associated with, in advance of Your access to Our Services, in whole or part. This payment condition does not include PEAK approved samples or research.
4. CHANGES TO SERVICES. We may add to, change, discontinue, or minimize any of Our Services (including the Services Offerings as a whole) or add to, improve, change or remove features or functionality of Our site and Services from time to time. We will notify You of any material change to or discontinuation of Our site and Services
5. OWNERSHIP OF THE SITE AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. PEAK retains all rights to this site and Our Services and the Documentation not specifically granted in this Agreement. PEAK owns this site and Our Services and the Documentation and all trademark, copyright and other intellectual property rights therein, and this Agreement does not transfer to You any title to or any proprietary or intellectual property rights in or to this site and Our Services, in whole or part, any updates or derivative works thereto, or the Documentation, or any copyrights, patent rights, or trademarks embodied or used in connection therewith, except for the rights expressly granted in this Agreement. This site and Our Services and the Documentation are protected by United States laws and international treaty provisions. YOU MAY NOT USE, COPY, OR MODIFY THE SERVICES, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED FOR IN THIS AGREEMENT.
6. LICENSE RESTRICTIONS. To the maximum extent permitted by law, You or any other user shall not (a) modify, alter, tamper with, repair, or otherwise create derivative works of any software included in Our site or Services, (b) reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile Our site and Services or apply any other process or procedure to derive the source code of any software included in Our site and Services; (c) rent, lease, loan, sell, sublicense, distribute, transmit, or otherwise transfer this site and Our Services access to any third party; or (d) make any copy of or otherwise reproduce this site and Our Services, in whole or part, (or any of the browser screens) comprising this site and Our Services user interface(s) except for those copies necessarily made by the personal computer and Internet browser that are running this site and Our Services, in whole or part. During and after the Term, You will not assert, nor will You authorize, assist, or encourage any third party to assert, against us or any of Our affiliates, customers, vendors, business partners, or licensors, any patent infringement or other intellectual property infringement claim regarding any Service Offerings You have used. You shall promptly report to PEAK any unauthorized use of this site and Our Services, in whole or part, of which You become aware and shall take such further steps as may reasonably be requested by PEAK to prevent unauthorized use thereof.
7. YOUR OBLIGATIONS. You or Your employer, or Agent shall be solely responsible for the following: (a) providing all hardware, software, and communications capabilities required for use of this site and Our Services, in whole or part, including, without limitation, personal computers with sufficient processing speed to access this site and Our Services, in whole or part; and (b) providing and maintaining, at all times during the term of this Agreement, the Internet access necessary for Your use of this site and Our Services, in whole or part.
8. TERM AND TERMINATION. The license granted in this Agreement is effective until terminated as provided in this Agreement. The term of this Agreement and the license granted herein shall commence on the date You agree to this Agreement and access this site and Our Services, in whole or part. PEAK may terminate the license and this Agreement at any time on written notice to You that You, Your employer, Your prospective employer, or a PEAK affiliate You are associated with, or Your agent has failed to pay any amount due to PEAK under this or any related Agreement. This license shall also terminate automatically on Your, Your employer’s, Your prospective employer’s, or a PEAK affiliate You are associated with, or Your agent's refusal or failure to comply with any of the other terms of this Agreement. On termination of this Agreement, You agree to promptly destroy all printed copies and delete all electronic copies of any documentation that You have downloaded, printed, or created relating to this site and Our Services, in whole or part, and to ensure that no copies of any of the this site and Our Services, data, or other content remain archived or otherwise stored on Your computers. Notwithstanding termination, the provisions of Sections 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 15 of this Agreement shall survive and continue to apply.
9. CONFIDENTIALITY. You agree that You shall not disclose to any third party this site and Our Services, in whole or part, or any portion thereof, any technical, product, or business information, or any information related to a user’s scores or data related to this site and Our Services (collectively, "Confidential Information") related to this site and Our Services, in whole or part, without the prior written consent of PEAK. You shall maintain the confidentiality of all Confidential Information and shall not use it for any purpose other than the performance of this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Confidential Information does not include information that You can demonstrate was (a) publicly available at the time of disclosure, or later became publicly available through no act or omission by You; (b) in Your possession before disclosure by PEAK; or (c) disclosed to You by a third party not in violation of any obligations of confidentiality to PEAK or to any third party.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. You are not entitled to receive damages from PEAK for any cause relating to this Agreement, to Your use of this site and Our Services, in whole or part, to any services provided by PEAK under this Agreement, or to any services provided by any third party in connection with Your use of this site and Our Services, in whole or part. In addition, in no event shall You be entitled to obtain any injunctive relief or otherwise enjoin, restrain, or otherwise interfere with PEAK or with the distribution, operation, development, or performance of this site and Our Services, in whole or part, or any related products. IN NO EVENT SHALL PEAK BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES, IN WHOLE OR PART. IN NO EVENT SHALL PEAK BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY UNDER WHICH SUCH DAMAGES ARE SOUGHT, AND EVEN IF ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO EMOTIONAL DISTRESS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES ALLEGED OR ACTUALLY RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR DATA WE MAY COLLECT IN PROVIDING THE SERVICES. AS SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. LIMITED WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER. THIS WEBSITE AND SERVICES, AND THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SERVICES, AND PRODUCTS IN THIS WEBSITE OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO PEAK’S SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, QUESTIONNAIRES, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PEAK EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AS WELL AS ANY WARRANTIES ALLEGED TO HAVE ARISEN FROM CUSTOM, USAGE, OR THE COURSE OF DEALING BETWEEN THE PARTIES. PEAK DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SERVICES, IN WHOLE OR PART, WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICES, IN WHOLE OR PART, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. IN ADDITION, PEAK DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE SERVICES, IN WHOLE OR PART, AT ALL TIMES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT INTERNET CONGESTION AND OUTAGES, AS WELL AS MAINTENANCE, DOWNTIME, AND OTHER INTERRUPTIONS, MAY INTERFERE AT TIMES WITH YOUR ABILITY TO ACCESS THE SERVICES, IN WHOLE OR PART.
13. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. If You believe that Your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please submit a report in writing, and please provide Us with all of the following information:
1. ABOUT OUR SERVICES. We provide and utilize proprietary products and services; such products and services include, but are not limited to, this website, software programs, materials, data, videos, and modules also sometimes called AQ Profile®, AQ® Enrollment, AQ® Team Briefing Kit, Real Deal®, AQ SkillSites®, AQ SkillBuilders®, GRIT™, GRIT Gauge™, CORE©, LEAD©, AQ® Health, AQ® Online Ascent, AQ Profile for Screening Applicants™, and Climbers Guidebook© (individually and collectively (the “Services”). How you, your employer, your prospective employer, organizations use it will vary. Some individual, organizations, or companies will use our Service’s proprietary method of understanding, assessing, and strengthening the way people perform under demanding circumstances as one among several factors when deciding whether to train, promote, hire, or fire a particular individual. Other affiliates, organizations, or companies will use our Service as a component in a comprehensive learning or training program.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU. In order to be able to provide you with our Service, PEAK may ask you demographic and personal data including but not limited to the following: name, e-mail address, username, gender, age or age-range, country, state or territory of residence, employment position and other relevant information, education level, ethnicity, athletic or fitness activities, net worth, or investment risk level. Moreover, to utilize Our Services, we will ask you to respond to questions, surveys, or otherwise interact with the Services in a manner that produces information about you. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you use Our Service, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your internet browser or device. PEAK utilizes a secure third-party service to process your payment. As such, PEAK does not store any credit card data it transmits or receives via encrypted communication with Authorize.net. Further, PEAK does not store credit card details within your user profile or account. Authorize.net is a PCI DSS compliant service provider.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION. We use your personal information for the following purposes:
(a) Our Direct Uses:
At PEAK, everything we create is scientifically tested, & validated. We know, from the one million people, like you, worldwide who have purchased our AQ and GRIT tools, that if you really apply yourself and make good use of your purchase, it can have a positive, meaningful, and enduring impact on you and your life.
However, due to the nature of the products and services offered by PEAK, we do not offer refunds, returns, or exchanges. Simply, this means that all sales are final with no exceptions. If there is a technical issue with your product or service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of your purchase.
I requested a new password but did not receive an email.
The videos on the website are not playing, what do I do?
You may experience poor video quality—slow loading, choppy playback or buffering—due to a number of factors. These could be issues with your Internet Service Provider (ISP), number of connected users/devices, your hardware/software, or your internet connection.
Other – may differ depending on the model of your Android device and your browser. However, you should be able to clear the cache and data by following these steps:
I plan to change or stop using my current email address. Will I still be able to log in?
Please contact us at email@example.com with your current AND your new email address so we may update the database.
What if I have a question that is not answered here?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you!
What are the recommended browsers for running the PEAK online tools?
Certain products on my home page are “turned off” and I can’t access them. Why?
Your online journey has been customized by your company or facilitator and they have asked for you to complete the AQ and/or GRIT products in a certain order to maximize your experience in conjunction with a live session or online learning program.
How do I get back to my home page where all of the products are listed?
Click the house icon—located in the top right hand corner—anytime throughout your entire online journey. Note— the AQ Profile® and GRIT Gauge™ internal pages do not display this icon. Please complete the assessment, then access your home page.
Why am I not allowed to see my AQ Profile® or GRIT Gauge™ results immediately?
If you are attending an upcoming session and your results are disabled, your facilitator will either bring a copy to the session, or you will be able to access your report after the conclusion of the session. If you are participating in a research study, results, if they are to be made available, have been withheld until the completion of the study.
My company asked me to take the AQ Profile® or GRIT Gauge™, can my boss see my scores?
No, your boss and co-workers do not have access to your AQ Profile® or GRIT Gauge™ results. They may have access to a composite report for the group stating minimum, maximum, mean and median once three AQ Profiles® or GRIT Gauge™ assessments have been completed by your colleagues. Your personal results are private, unless you were alerted in advance and agreed to share your results.
How long does it take to complete the AQ Profile® and GRIT Gauge™?
8-10 minutes for the AQ Profile® and 5-7 minutes for the GRIT Gauge™.
How does GRIT apply to me?
Anything notable, anything worth achieving in life requires a serious dose of GRIT. Think about your most important, ambitious, and meaningful long-term goals. Your ability to dig deep and do whatever it takes—even struggle, sacrifice and suffer—in your pursuit of those goals or aspirations, can make all the difference in your likelihood and velocity of achieving them.
What is the difference between grit 1.0 and GRIT 2.0?
"grit 1.0" is basic grit. It only considers the quantity or degree of grit. It is measured on a scale of less or more.
"GRIT 2.0" is complete grit. It is the upgrade that includes both quantity and quality of GRIT. It puts you on a path to stronger, smarter, better GRIT. GRIT 2.0 also describes, assesses, and grows GRIT across four dimensions, G—Growth, R—Resilience, I—Instinct, and T—Tenacity, as well as the bonus factor, Robustness. GRIT 2.0 is a more substantial, holistic approach to and predictor of success.
My GRIT scores are lower than I expected, what can I do to raise them?
It's important to remember that the bell curve on GRIT is inflated. It is based on a global population mostly comprised of reasonably accomplished individuals. It does not represent a true cross section of humanity. If it did, the ranges would be lower, and your score would seem comparatively higher.
But anyone can improve their GRIT. Start by applying the tips and insights in your report. Additional insights and tools are provided in the book, GRIT: The New Science of What it Takes to Persevere, Flourish, Succeed and through a series of GRIT programs and tools.
Where can I learn more about GRIT?
GRIT: The New Science of What it Takes to Persevere, Flourish, Succeed provides the most complete and practical overview of GRIT. If you are interested in GRIT-related programs, keynotes, coaching, or research, send a quick note to
How does AQ® apply to me? Why should I take time out of my busy day and complete the AQ® products?
Adversity Quotient® (AQ) is about how you respond to life, especially the tough stuff. It is a gauge or measure of how you respond and deal with everything, from everyday hassles to the big adversities that life can spring on you. It is also an established science, theory, and approach for becoming measurably more resilient. The more resilient you are, the more effectively and constructively you respond to life’s difficulties, and the more fulfilling life becomes.
AQ is an epicenter—When asked, “Of all the factors that fuel your happiness, well-being, and success, which ones are affected by your AQ?” the answer, worldwide, is “All of them.” AQ affects all facets of personal and collective endeavor.
AQ matters—Of anything you can learn, and hopefully master, AQ ranks among the most important. When asked, “On a scale of 1- 10 how important are the AQ principles and tools to everything you (and your business) are attempting to accomplish?” the average answer—across all industries, ages, and job levels—is 9.4.
Even without your AQ score, you can begin to improve. Here’s the rule of thumb: The stronger your AQ, the more effectively you will respond to adversity, and the less life’s events will take a toll on your energy, performance, health, and outlook. The weaker your AQ, the more difficult it can be for you to maintain the energy, optimism, and fortitude required to optimize your talents and your life.
My AQ® is lower than I expected, what can I do to raise it?
I want another person to participate in the AQ Online world and complete the AQ Profile®. How can they?
Please contact PEAK Learning at email@example.com for more information.
Where can I get more information about AQ® and books by Dr. Paul G. Stoltz?
Visit the PEAK website.
What is the AQ Online Ascent™?
This three stage AQ "ascent" is directly derived from PEAK's award winning, top-rated AQ programs worldwide. It begins at Stage One—"Base Camp" where learners engage in the introduction to AQ, guided by Dr. Paul G. Stoltz through videos and exercises. From here they move to Stage Two—"AQ Altitude" where individuals can Measure their AQ by completing the most advanced version of the AQ Profile®, complete with video-based coaching. Stage Three—"Build Your AQ" uses video-driven micro-modules taught by Dr. Paul G. Stoltz, to equip learners with a series of proven AQ tools, complete with interactive challenges and applications, that measurably rewire and improve one's AQ.
In what order am I supposed to watch the videos in the AQ Online Ascent™?
The program is designed as a three-stage ascent.
The program will guide you through the three steps, but at any time you can skip a section, review an old video, or re-do an exercise.
What are the AQ SkillBuilders™?
The purpose of the AQ SkillBuilders is to use interactive online challenges to reinforce, expand, and apply your AQ expertise. Week-by-week learners engage in 3 Steps, in 3 Minutes.Step 1—Learn. Step 2—Do. Step 3—Commit.
How do the AQ SkillBuilders™ work?
For 90 days following an AQ session, participants engage in a weekly virtual ascent, or mountain climb. Each “Camp” is rich with lessons, reflections, and tools. The climb culminates at the summit, where participants remeasure their AQs and receive immediate comparative feedback about their gains, CORE Profile and CORE Strengths, as well as remaining opportunities for growth.
How are the AQ SkillBuilders™ delivered to me?
Each week you will receive an email inviting you to continue with the next level or “Camp” on your AQ SkillBuilders Ascent. You can complete each Camp in 3 Steps, 3 Minutes. At each Camp, you will Learn, Do, and Apply an AQ tool or principle. You will commit to next steps to build your AQ mastery.
Why is it important to engage in and complete the SkillBuilders?
Those who engage the most will experience the biggest measurable gains in AQ. Even the best learning can die without reinforcement. Engaging fully in the AQ SkillBuilders deepens and enhances your AQ mastery. It also helps participants remember and apply AQ tools years after the live session is over.
Why can I not skip or ignore Camps?
Like any ascent, each step matters. One cannot leap past any AQ tool or lesson, since each one builds on the last, culminating in measurable and enduring AQ gains.
How long does it take to complete each camp?
Each camp can be completed in 3 Steps, 3 Minutes. You may choose to invest more time in specific lessons. We encourage you to take advantage of the Climber’s Journal and AQ Review tab, which will affect your time at each camp.
Will anyone else, including my supervisor see my responses?
No. Your responses are confidential and for your eyes, only. Your supervisor and the designated “Lead Climber” can only see your progress on the climb, not your answers. They may also access your group’s composite statistics on AQ improvements.
How will I know whether my AQ has improved?
Once you reach the final camp, near the summit, you will have the opportunity to reassess your AQ. You will receive immediate comparative feedback, showing exactly how you have improved on your AQ and CORE, as well as how you can continue to grow and improve. The AQ Ascent never ends.
What if I cannot remember an answer that is asked during a camp?
Try your best, and visit the AQ Review tab for helpful hints.
What is the Climber’s Journal?
This journal is for your eyes only. It is used to track your journey, insights, answers and experiences throughout the AQ SkillBuilders. Use your AQ Climber’s Journal to review your thoughts throughout your AQ Ascent, and to add your personal reflections along the way.
Can I view my Climber’s Journal any time, or must I complete all the camps first?
You can review your Climber’s Journal at any time. But, content for a specific camp will only be made available after the completion of that camp.
Can I change the entries in my Climber’s Journal?
Your answers are automatically saved to your Climber’s Journal. If you want to add to your journal you can do so by writing in the Reflections section and that will automatically be saved to your journal.
How do I get a copy of my Climber’s Journal?
Click Print at the top of the page.
What is a Lead Climber?
Many organizations designate certain people as “Lead Climbers” to help track and encourage the progress of the group along the climb. Their job is to assist and encourage you to complete your AQ ascent. Lead Climbers can track where you are on the AQ climb, but they cannot access your responses or scores. Those remain confidential. Some groups will not have a Lead Climber.
Who is my Lead Climber?
Click on the Lead Climber button at the bottom of each camp to see the name of your lead climber, if available. You can click their name to send them an email.
What is the Real Deal®?
The Real Deal is a self-guided, interactive game-based tool. It will help you get right to the heart of what matters most, and drives optimal engagement/energy in any situation.
What do people use the Real Deal® for?
People all over the world use The Real Deal® to:
What is the Deal Breaker™?
The Deal Breaker™ is the one factor within a certain context that would upset you the most if it were violated or erased.
How do I share my cards with co-workers and those people important to me?
After completing the card sort for a certain context you will be able to download a PDF of your cards and responses. On this page you can also click “SEND PDF” to send a copy of the PDF to a specific email address.
OR, you can simple copy and paste your Real Deal Cards (including your Deal Breaker™) into your email signature, or share them on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, or any social media site.
What do the four Real Deal® categories mean
These represent the four broad categories of values which research reveals to be of particular importance to people from all generations worldwide.
These cards represent those factors you can strive to achieve, earn, or accomplish.
These cards represent factors external to you, those factors others can give or provide to you.
These cards represent those things that you experience internally, or within yourself.
These cards represent those vital factors that take place between and with other people.